A lot has happened during my short hiatus. Our lease is up , we have moved out of my apartment, moved all of our stuff to storage (I had no idea we had so much stuff) & moved in with relatives until the house is done.
We had our pre-drywall walk through on 1/2/13 and it went well. Basically reviewed all of the electrical, the plumbing, and verified all of my structured cable upgrades. Two days later we had walls. PM plans to have the house done on 2/25/13 but we have yet to receive an official closing date.
I have been too busy to stop by and actually go in but I drove by today, and saw that all of the goodies that were in the garage were no longer there. That means when I go by in the morning I should have cabinets, doors, and trim in place.
A couple of things I learned at the pre-drywall meeting:
1) Yes, the walkout door is in the wrong place according to the plans BUT with the way the lot is graded, it would have been impossible to put it on the correct side. He was very apologetic for all of the mishaps along the way. This is the first Palermo he and his crew have built and said that they were not as familiar with the plans as they are with other builds.
2) My final change order (yep, the one I signed in September) never actually made it. So the upgraded vanity that I asked for in the Master Bath was not there and of course, the standard one was. I am so glad that I asked my PM if he had received all the right cabinets because I noticed that a number of RH bloggers asked for one thing and got something totally different.
3) The tree debate is ongoing. My PM said that he thought that my lot was the one lot that had a weird line for the Resource Protection Area so he'd had to have the area staked out before we can get rid of the trees we don't want. He agreed that the dead trees that have fallen over and branches was messy and agreed to have those hauled away. Until we get the RPA staked out, we won't know what trees we can touch.
I hope to have lots of good photos tomorrow.