Monday, December 17, 2012

Today In Blank Stare News

What a day!  Got to the lot at 9:55am and it was like Grand Central Station.  Got to see the roof go up and a big delivery of heating and air goodies being parked in the garage. 

The walk through this morning with Structured Cable uncovered the mystery of the 2nd floor that I mentioned in a previous post.   I thought that it was just me being a very visual person that kept me from being able to actually "get" the reverse model layout.  Once we finally got the second level added, I stood in the middle of the space, scratching my head like what am I missing here.  Well today, while standing with my Structured Cable Rep, CM, it hit me... The second level was framed backwards.  First level clearly reversed, second level, not so much. 

1) There was only 1 window (off center) in the Master Bedroom (there should be two).

2)  The two windows and the bathroom window above the soaking tub that should be in the Master were on the left side of the house.  The Master Bedroom is on the right side of the house in the reverse model.
 
I called my PM, and he said  that the framers were not done yet, but he'd look into it. 
 
I assume it's not too hard to fix.  The rooms on the front of the house are ok.   

That aside, I think that the cable and wire walk through was premature.. I kind of had to guess where I wanted everything.  There were no walls or perfect framing to really give me an idea of where to put these things.  So after much thought, I will be asking for a do over in the morning. 


The single window on the right side of the house it where the Master Bedroom is. The windows that should be in the Master Bed & Bath are on the Left Side of the house.


Sunday we didn't have a roof & Monday morning at 9:55am,  this is what I saw.  I have to give it to them.  These guys work fast.

13 comments:

  1. Okay, I am convinced TechMama!! I have a post in my blog called Building Bloopers that I intend to release. This is amazing that it never occurred to them that they were putting up the house in reverse and reverse. I guess I may need to add building bloopers on the workers behalf and the new home builder's behalf because I really goofed on my kitchen backsplash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blooper will fit right in, for sure! Anxious to see how they fix this & thank you for the tip on reversing the floor plan on the site. I hope you can find a quick and painless solution to your backsplash nightmare. I love your kitchen though, the light cabinets are different from what I've seen lately. Nice!

      Delete
  2. Wow that's crazy! On another note Im glad to see your house moving right along, your house and mine should be at right about the same phase but u are very well ahead of me :) I haven't been posting because progress has been so slow but I hope now that they started framing things start moving along faster...hope your following my blog. Ttyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adilen! Even with this blooper, I can honestly say these guys have been rolling right along. I don't have a firm settlement date yet, but I'm hoping mid Feb. I just checked out your blog but for some reason I can't find the follow button LOL.

      Delete
    2. Hi Adilen, I have tried following your blog but I also get your google page. What is your blog address? Happy to know you are blogging and you can also turn your blog into a family keepsake by turning it into a blog at www.blurb.com. I would blog every chance you get. You can find instructions on my blog to add the join this site button so that others can follow your blog. You can find my blog at ricknadase.blogspot.com and click the join this site button it will help me follow your blog.

      What type of home are you building?

      Delete
  3. Wow what a mistake! Your PM seems almost as bright as the framers. I wonder if your framers are related to the guys that installed my kitchen cabinets backwards.

    I hope they get it all sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be related, M! :) This one takes the cake in my book. I'm just wondering what would have happened if I didn't bring it up today. I too hope we get back on track quickly.

      Delete
  4. Amazing to me the things these guys miss......really a common everyday woman can see something is NOT right but framers cannot, and PM's are quick to dismiss our concerns of the over anxious WIFE...urgg!!

    Don't these PM's ever go to the house?

    Sorry sometimes these things make me so very mad!!

    I should have words of encouragment for you, but it makes me mad.....

    Of course it will be fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that happens! This is why it is a good idea to visit your home frequently when it is being built. It is a good thing you caught it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elise, that is exactly what I do!! I visit my home every chance I get and being 5 minutes away is a blessing. I have found some stuff that I haven't mentioned on my blog but it seems so obvious!

      Are you blogging? Would love to follow your blog--how can we find you (only your google page shows up). What type of home are you buidling.

      Please feel free to click the join this site button on our blog at ricknadase.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Wow...glad you were able to catch this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...glad you were able to catch this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe they made a HUGE mistake like that! It is a good thing you caught it when you did and yes your basement should be completed free of charge because of the mistake with the door. Wow...I am just shocked...a reverse of a reverse!

    ReplyDelete